Oh wow! I wasn’t prepared for that. Another wonderfully described book from the master of words. This begins telling two stories. One is from Abel’s point of view- his childhood and his demons and how he deals with them and his dark past. The other is of a couple trudging through the treacle that is their relationship, possibly the end of it, and dealing with their young children . When one party doesn’t pull his weight at home- in fact Olivia may as well be dealing with another child. Ross has a way with words (He was my author of the year for 2017) that beautifully describes each scenario. Caring and tender when it needs to be and then gritty and raw to flip the coin. Enough action to draw you in and characters that you take to- or not in one case! You wonder where the two are going to meet - just having that feeling that they might. Jamie Lawson wasn’t wrong when he said “I wasn’t expecting that”. I won’t give anything away …..I’ll just say.. wow, wow, wow. Stunning.
Comments
Post a Comment