Thursday 18 May 2017

Handcuffs, truncheon and a polyester thong- Gina Kirkham- 5*


I wanted an enjoyable read to make me smile- and boy was this the right book! Mavis has signed up to her dream job- the police force. Trouble is Mavis, although a good soul, is rather naive and hapless to start with. The book follows her journey in the job and the ups and downs of the force and her life. This is beautifully written so that you can see the escapades in your mind’s eye. A character you can warm to, smile with and feel the emotion of some of the situations she finds herself in. I smiled, I almost cried. I loved it!

I voluntarily chose to read this ARC and all opinions in this review are my own and completely unbiased.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...