Monday 18 November 2019




Ghoster- Jason Arnopp- Psychological thriller/horror fantasy
Kate is a paramedic and is about to move in with boyfriend Scott only he hasn’t replied
to any messages for 24 hours. She first saw him on Tinder and sent him a “super-like”
to which he didn’t respond then either. She then bumped into him at a yoga retreat and
things took off from there. Alternate chapters take us from now (moving in) to when she
first met him. When Kate arrives at Scotts flat having travelled from Leeds to Brighton
(and her things are arriving right behind her) she not only finds Scott not there but the
flat empty. Is Kate being ghosted? What on earth is going on and what are the spooky
lights she keeps seeing? I quickly took to Kate and her predicament (albeit slightly naive)
and had to smile at the situation she found herself in, being in  an empty flat. I found
this an intriguing read. A mature woman and a strange situation she finds herself in.
I wasn;t expecting that! three quarters of the way through I found myself thinking this
is a horror story . Talk about cross genre! I am still thinking about the ending several
hours later and quite what to think of this book. It threw me off kilter several times
, I suppose in a good way, I think? Wow. Certainly very different from anything I have
ever read before. Think women’s fiction that goes to supernatural, then to horror
and stir it all up. One to remember.


For more reviews please see my blog http://nickibookblog.blogspot.co.uk/

or follow me on Twitter@nickisbookblog

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...