Tuesday 10 January 2023

The Engagement

 

The Engagement  by Samantha Hayes psychological thriller

Belle is on holiday in France supposedly on a language programme and has suddenly announced that she is engaged. Her family are rather surprised as this has obviously been a whirlwind romance for marriage to be so soon on the horizon. When she arrives with Jack no-one is more surprised than her mother Hannah who recognises her new fiancé. Hannah has a secret, one she has not told even her husband Rob about her past. Jack clearly has an agenda and both Hannah and Belle look like they are part of it. Can Hannah and Rob persuade Belle that Jack isn't a good idea and can Hannah keep her secret?

Oh wow! What a premise and how cleverly executed. This reeled me in and very much kept the pages turning. This is the second book by this author I’ve had the pleasure of reading and would highly recommend her if you like a cliff hanging book. I liked Hannah. Belle came across as the rather naive young woman which is probably true of many of her peers which worked very well. The ending left me reeling, wow! I'm stunned. If you like a book to pick you up, throw you around and then add in a few spins for good measure this could be one for you! A brilliantly, clever read. 

For more reviews please follow me on Twitter@nickisbookblog

_____________________

Book Description:

You thought you had escaped him. Until he proposed to your daughter.

‘There’s someone I want you to meet,’ Belle says, as a man draws up to her side. He’s tall with dark hair and stubble on his square jaw. He’s not exactly smiling, but the corner of his mouth curls upwards as he slides his hand around my daughter’s waist.

I grab my husband’s arm to steady myself, as the room spins around me.

I stare into the man’s eyes – jet black. Nothing and everything hidden behind them.

Fear prickles my skin as I remember what he did.

How I only just escaped.

All the lies I’ve had to tell since.

‘I want you to meet Jack,’ Belle says, brimming with excitement. ‘He’s my fiancé.’ She rests her head on his shoulder. ‘Isn’t it exciting? We’re engaged!’

Fear hammers in my chest. I have to stop this.

My daughter’s life is in danger, and it’s all because of me…

A totally gripping psychological thriller from an Amazon No1. bestseller that will take you on a rollercoaster ride of emotions and have you gasping at the twists. Fans of The HousemaidGone Girl and The Girl on the Train will be flipping pages all night long!



 
Author Bio:

Samantha Hayes grew up in a creative family where her love of writing began as a child. Samantha has written eight thrillers in total, including the bestselling Until You’re Mine. The Independent said “fantastically written and very tense” while Good Housekeeping said “Her believable psychological thrillers are completely gripping.” Samantha’s books are published in 22 languages at the last count.


When not writing, Samantha loves to cook, go to the gym, see friends and drink nice wine. She is also studying for a degree in psychotherapy. She has three grown-up children and lives in Warwickshire.



Sign up to be the first to hear about new releases from Samantha Hayes here: https://www.bookouture.com/samantha-hayes


Buy Link:


Audio:


You can sign up for all the best Bookouture deals you'll love at: http://ow.ly/Fkiz30lnzdo






No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...