Thursday 6 April 2023

The Assistant

 


The Assistant by Amanda Reynolds- psychological thriller

Gail has fabricated her way into working for Ria, an influencer who lives in Belgravia. Gail has an agenda, we know not quite what and her story is told by interview after the events as she gives her story to a journalist. Gail comes from having very little and Ria is totally spoiled, not appearing to know the value of money or not even caring. Gail keeps a journal of her time with Ria and spies on her as much as she is able. There’s a hint of something in the past again we know not what, which may be the reason for all this. Alternate chapters give the journalists’ emails advising her publisher as to her thoughts on the interviews so far which makes this a very different read but one I still found myself absolutely engrossed in. 

There’s a wonderful tension and for once I wasn’t sure if I liked the main character but still wanted to know more, much more as I was so intrigued at what her plan really was. This is brilliantly written from a seasoned author who has a wonderful way with words, many of which resonated. Gail’s perspective of Ria comes from a mature person having experienced the world and those in it and I had to smile and nod at some of her comments. A twist I didn’t see coming and a very cleverly thought out and well written read which kept me very much between the pages. A villainous perpetrator or is she? Just what was her agenda? Loved it. A stunning read I highly recommend. 

For more reviews please follow me on Twitter@nickisbookblog

_____________________

The Assistant I know many things about Larissa. I know what she eats, which must-have brands she applies to her face, and the price of each carefully selected ‘piece’ in her multi-million-pound home in Belgravia. Because Ris, as she is known to her many followers, likes to share. And now I’m here, in her home, watching her every move. Entrusted with her secrets and running her diary from the bijou basement flat, I’m on hand to fulfil Ris’ every need. Her right-hand woman. But what she doesn’t know is why I’m really here. I’ve put a lot on the line to get this job, and now my plan can begin. I’ve waited long enough. Purchase Link - https://amzn.to/3Wa9SY2



Author Bio – Amanda Reynolds is the bestselling psychological suspense author whose debut novel, Close To Me, was adapted as a major six-part TV series for Channel 4 in 2021. Previously published by Headline, her books have been translated into multiple languages. Amanda lives near Cheltenham. Social Media Links Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AmandaReynoldsAuthor Twitter https://twitter.com/amandareynoldsj Instagram https://www.instagram.com/ajreynolds2/ Bookbub profile: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/amanda-reynolds





No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...