Friday 21 April 2023

The Ex-Wife

 


The Ex Wife by Amanda Ashby & Sally Rigby. Psychological thriller 

Blimey Riley! A page turner and a half! The book begins with Alice being on trial and then takes us back to six months earlier. Alice is divorced from her husband Mark and they have a teenage daughter Cassie. Mark now has a fiancée Norah. Norah has a demon from her past, something she thought she had put behind her. When walking the dog one day Alice sees Norah having what looks like an altercation with a man in the park. Cassie’s boyfriend Scott wants her to go travelling with him for a gap year, only neither of her parents are keen on this and she has no money. Scott appears to them to be a phase hopefully one Cassie will quickly grow out of. Cassie however is convinced she is in love.  Alice has her own secret about Cassie, one she hopes will never be revealed but with Norah and Mark looking at IVF this might just come to light. Norah has been getting messages about her past and being blackmailed to get drugs from  the hospital or Mark will be sent the video and pictures from her past. When Norah is found dead- who has killed her and is Alice really guilty?

Wow! A plot line that sent me reeling in a very good way. I turned faster and some more, rinse and repeat. This is very cleverly and stunningly written- there is a wonderful tension and character building. I liked Alice despite her hang-ups and Cassie was the typical naïve teen thinking they can take on the world- until it hits them in the face. There is a reeling twist and then another- heavens to murgatroyd! I fell off my chair- wow! Didn't see that first one coming. A cracker of a read. Sit down and hold on for the ride!

For more reviews please follow me on Twitter@nickisbookblog

------------------------------------------------

The Ex Wife My life was perfect until she came along. Norah. Younger, prettier and about to marry my own ex-husband, they are a walking cliché. I hate her. I hate them both. She’s taken everything from me – my husband, my life, my home - but I refuse to allow her to take Cassie, my beautiful daughter. That's a step too far. Now I’ve discovered that Norah plans to have a baby of her own and that causes me no end of problems. She could destroy everything and reveal my deepest, darkest secrets. That can never be allowed to happen. No matter what it costs… A brand new psychological thriller that will keep you guessing till the end! Perfect for fans of Sue Watson, Nina Manning, Shalini Boland Purchase Link - https://amzn.to/3IaIhSM



Author Bio –
Amanda Ashby and Sally Rigby are a crime writing partnership. Both authors live in New Zealand, have been friends for eighteen years and agree about everything (except musicals). They decided to collaborate on a psychological thriller which they then entered into a competition, run by Boldwood, and which they won!


Social Media Links – Amanda: FB - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100065224701706 IG: https://www.instagram.com/authoramandaashby/ Sally: FB - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100062304114984 IG: https://www.instagram.com/sally.rigby.author/ Joint IG: https://www.instagram.com/amandarigbybooks/




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...