Wednesday 31 May 2023

The Perfect Husband

 


The Perfect Husband by Danielle Ramsay- psychological thriller

Sophie has just married Jay whom she has only known for 8 months. A whirlwind of a romance or perhaps a rebound from her previous fiancé Ben whom she had known for many years. Sophie and Jay are now at the hospital after Sophie fell and broke her wrist- something she is saying Jay did but he’s telling everyone that she fell after too much champagne. He’s changed- he’s taken her phone off her and has become an angry, controlling monster- something she’s not seen before. What’s made him change and is Sophie safe? In sickness and in health, till death do us part……..

I found myself very quickly invested in this- the reader is taken to the sudden insecurity and realisation of Sophie early on, but I got a feeling that there was so much more to come. It's a story of domestic abuse both physically and mentally.  I then found myself turning the pages long after lights out and even then my mind was working to try and work out if Sophie would be safe. A read that most certainly put me on the edge of my seat and even that slight feeling of nervousness- to me the skill of a brilliant author who knows just how to use those magical 26 letters. A cleverly written rollercoaster of a read

For more reviews please follow me on Twitter@nickisbookblog

__________________



The Perfect Husband How do you know if you've married the wrong person? It was a whirlwind romance and we had the perfect relationship. He was my dream partner, loving, caring, attentive… until the day I married him and things became toxic. I spent my wedding night in A&E with an ‘unexplained’ broken wrist – but I knew what happened…. My romantic illusions shattered. My fear of the future heightened. The man I had fallen in love with wasn’t the man I married. And that was just the start of things to come. Quickly things escalated. He isolated me from family and friends, and with no one to turn to, he began to control every part of my life. I tried to escape, but he watched my every move. Until one day he went too far, and I found my strength to fight back. I no longer wanted to be a victim. I wanted to live. I wanted my life back. But at what cost? In sickness and in health and till death us do part… ** Perfect for the fans of Louise Candlish and Adele Parks** Purchase Link - https://mybook.to/PerfectHusbandsocial


Author Bio – Danielle Ramsay is a Scot living in a small seaside town in the North-East of England. Always a storyteller, it was only after completing a First Class (Hons) Degree in Media Production that she then went on to follow an academic career in literature. She was shortlisted for the CWA Debut Dagger in 2009 and 2010, and appointed a New Writing North Read Regional author in 2011. She is the author of five DI Jack Brady crime novels and The Last Cut, a dark thriller with DS Harri (Harriet) Jacobs. Danielle fills her days with horse-riding, running and murder by proxy.  She is also the proud Patron of the charity SomeOne Cares, which counsels survivors of domestic violence, rape and child abuse. Social Media Links – Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/danielle.ramsay.author/ Twitter: https://twitter.com/danielleramsay2 Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/danielle.ramsay.author/?hl=en-gb





No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...