Thursday 10 August 2023

The Inheritance

 


The Inheritance by Samantha Hayes- psychological thriller

A family have got together at the Scottish holiday home a while after the father of the family, Ray, sadly died. The mother Connie is holding a secret about his will and wants everyone to settle in before she breaks the news that she knows won’t go down well. Amongst the family members themselves there are secrets- a potential affair, a pregnancy and one almost homeless. Perhaps they are hoping that their inheritance will set them right however Connie has more to tell than just about the will.

This is one of those reads that grabs you and keeps you turning. Each chapter is headed by a main character to give their point of view so an overall picture is built on.  A twisty knotty read where characters may have more than one facet and the actions of one may more than affect another or more. Of secrets and lies, of the ups and downs of family life. If you like a book full of family drama, red herrings and one to keep you guessing then this might just be the read for you. A gamut of emotions with short snappy chapters. One to read and not put down. And wow! Those twists…..


For more reviews please follow me on Twitter@nickisbookblog

_____________________

Book Description: I thought he took my secret to the grave. But the truth can’t stay buried forever… In the wake of my darling husband’s death, I am so lucky to have my three beautiful, grown-up daughters by my side at our holiday home in Scotland. We need some time together, to recover from the shock. But I also need to set some things straight about their beloved father… I’ve always known this house was the perfect place to bury secrets – remote, isolated, surrounded by nothing but miles of dense forest. But this time I’m not here to hide more of my lies. I’m here to expose one. I promise everything I’ve ever done has been to protect my daughters. I just hope they understand that too… By the end of the trip, nothing will ever be the same again. I knew revealing the truth about the inheritance would have consequences, but I could never have imagined we wouldn’t all survive it. And now the truth is out, am I in danger too…? A totally gripping psychological thriller from an Amazon No1. bestseller that will have your head spinning and your jaw on the floor with every twist. Fans of The Housemaid, Gone Girl and The Family Upstairs won’t be able to put this down!


Author Bio: Samantha Hayes grew up in a creative family where her love of writing began as a child. Samantha has written eight thrillers in total, including the bestselling Until You’re Mine. The Independent said “fantastically written and very tense” while Good Housekeeping said “Her believable psychological thrillers are completely gripping.” Samantha’s books are published in 22 languages at the last count. When not writing, Samantha loves to cook, go to the gym, see friends and drink nice wine. She is also studying for a degree in psychotherapy. She has three grown-up children and lives in Warwickshire. https://www.samanthahayes.co.uk/ https://www.facebook.com/SamanthaHayesAuthor/ https://www.instagram.com/samanthahayes.author/ https://twitter.com/samhayes Sign up to be the first to hear about new releases from Samantha Hayes here: https://www.bookouture.com/samantha-hayes Buy Link: Amazon: https://geni.us/B0C5RBLZ4Ksocial You can sign up for all the best Bookouture deals you'll love at: http://ow.ly/Fkiz30lnzdo



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...