Saturday 7 October 2023

The Weekend Away

 


The Weekend Away by Miranda Smith-psychological thriller

Sienna's twin sister Samantha died a year ago in what was deemed an accident. Sienna was away in Europe at the time and received a voicemail from her sister saying she really needed to talk to her.  When Sienna called back it was too late. Now she's been invited on a memorial trip with the group of friends her sister was not only close to but in business with. Sienna has just found Sam's diary which reveals things she never knew about the group and even her sister. Was Sam’s death an accident and if not why?

Wow!  A book I raced through without quite realising it if that makes sense. There is a fantastic tension between the pages and I was on the edge of my seat. There are a few well placed red herrings and it's a well thought out, brilliantly executed plot line that kept me engrossed right to the end. I liked Sienna and felt for her predicament, again to me clever writing. A book I found difficult to put down with some heart stopping moments along the way- that served to keep the pages turning. One you are not quite sure who to trust and who has the real secrets. Please sign me up for the next one now! ‘Nuff said! 

For more reviews please follow me on Twitter or Threads @nickisbookblog

_____________________

My sister died. Her friends lied. And now I’m going to learn the truth…

A year ago, my twin sister 
Samantha left me a message: I need you.

A day later, 
she was dead. I always knew it was suspicious, but no one would listen.

But I’ve just found her journal, tucked into a hidden space in the window seat of our childhood bedroom. It shows who her best friends really are: the fraud. The liar. The cheat. The crush.

Now, they’re all together on a weekend away, in a beautiful wood-panelled cabin in the mountain. 
And I’m going too. One of them killed her, and I’m going to prove it.

But am I ready for the answers I’m seeking? Because I soon realize that my sister had dark secrets too…

And when fire breaks out on the mountain, leaving us trapped, I must decide: what will I risk to get justice for Samantha? Because finding the truth might cost me my life…

An absolutely compulsive thriller that will have your pulse racing as you flip through the pages at speed. If you like The Hunting Party, Ruth Ware and The Summer House, you’ll love The Weekend Away!





Author Bio:

Miranda Smith writes psychological and domestic suspense. She is drawn to stories about ordinary people in extraordinary situations. Before completing her first novel, she worked as a newspaper staff writer and a secondary English teacher. She lives in East Tennessee with her husband and three young children.

https://mirandasmithwriter.com/
https://www.facebook.com/MirandaSmithAuthor/
https://www.instagram.com/mirandasmithwriter/
https://twitter.com/msmithbooks

Sign up to be the first to hear about new releases from Miranda Smith here: https://www.bookouture.com/miranda-smith

Buy Link:

You can sign up for all the best Bookouture deals you'll love at: http://ow.ly/Fkiz30lnzdo




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...