Tuesday 26 March 2024

Dying To Bake by Helen Golden - cozy crime

 

Dying To Bake by Helen Golden - cozy crime

We are back with Lady Beatrice and Perry who have found themselves at the doorstep of another murder. There’s a TV programme being filmed in the grounds of Francis court and the place is buzzing. When Bea’s brother's love interest Summer becomes a suspect in a murder of one of the presenters, Bea and Perry decide they have to intervene, not least of all because their usual friendly DCI is still on sick leave and has been ordered not to interfere, but also because his replacement is hap-hazard to say the least. Can they find the real perpetrator whilst saving Summer and not getting on the wrong side of the new DCI?

I love Helens books and have to mention her intro which makes me smile each and every time. This is one of a series and will stand alone however the relationships will make more sense if at least some of the series has been read prior. It's a great cast of characters I can't help but love, making for a looked forward to, comfortable and easy read. It's a plot with a twist or two that kept me interested right the way through. I very much look forward to more.

For more reviews please follow me on Twitter(X) or Threads @nickisbookblog

---------------------------



Dying To Bake Bake Off Wars is back! Get your aprons on and let the sleuthing begin!   Vera Bolt, Queen of Bakes, dies unexpectedly aged 66   In a shocking announcement this afternoon, Vera Bolt’s agent confirmed that the Bake Off Wars judge and national treasure died yesterday. Ms Bolt was in the process of filming the next series of the hugely popular television show at Francis Court, the home of the King’s sister and her family. It’s believed that the renowned pastry chef was stabbed in the heart, and the main suspect is rumoured new royal girlfriend, Summer York. What am I supposed to do? Lady Beatrice has promised DCI Richard Fitzwilliam that she won’t get involved in the investigation into Vera Bolt’s death. But when her brother’s new love interest, Summer York, becomes the top suspect for Vera’s murder, Fred begs Bea to find out who the real killer is. In a race against time, can Bea navigate a labyrinth of secrets and lies, evade danger, and safeguard her friendship with Fitzwilliam? The answer may determine not only Summer’s innocence but also the fate of Bea’s and Fitzwilliam’s burgeoning feelings for each other. Purchase Links https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dying-Right-Royal-Investigation-Mystery-ebook/dp/B0CBNBBFT5 https://www.amazon.com/Dying-Right-Royal-Investigation-Mystery-ebook/dp/B0CBNBBFT5

Author Bio – Hello. I’m Helen Golden. I write British contemporary cozy whodunnits with a hint of humour. I live in small village in Lincolnshire in the UK with my husband, my step-daughter, her two cats, our two dogs, sometimes my step-son, and our tortoise. I used to work in senior management, but after my recent job came to a natural end I had the opportunity to follow my dreams and start writing. It's very early in my life as an author, but so far I'm loving it. It’s crazy busy at our house, so when I’m writing I retreat to our caravan (an impulsive lockdown purchase) which is mostly parked on our drive. When I really need total peace and quiet, I take it to a lovely site about 15 minutes away and hide there until my family runs out of food or clean clothes Social Media Links – Insta: www.instragram.com/helengolden_author Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/helengoldenauthor TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@helengoldenauthor https://twitter.com/HelenGoldenAuth





No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...