Sunday 10 March 2024

The Good Wife by Gemma Rogers

 


The Good Wife by Gemma Rogers-psychological thriller

Chloe is married to Tom. Tom however is controlling about everything, absolutely everything. He has distanced Chloe from family and friends, puts the clothes out she has to wear each day and even dictates how many mouthfuls of food she is allowed to eat and watches her every move. At a company dinner Tom wins the raffle and from a chance interaction Chloe knows what is happening and sees her chance to be free. Savannah is a high class hooker and could give Chloe what she desires most- freedom.

Oh wow! What a belter of a read. I read 50% in one sitting and would have been more if real life hadn't got in the way. This really is one of those read-right-the-way-through-in-one-sitting type of reads. It's cleverly written to captivate the reader and all sympathy goes to Chloe and anyone in real life who has perhaps been at the control of others. It's sometimes hard to explain the stress of coercive control but this goes a long way towards it. There is a brilliant tension as to how Chloe is going to extricate herself with no contacts and a phone monitored by Tom. It's very clever and it's twisty with an ending the reader has to spot- brilliant! A highly recommended read- but warning -you just might want to read it all at once!

For more reviews please follow me on Twitter or Threads @nickisbookblog

-----------------------------

The Good Wife Appearances can be deceiving… After a whirlwind romance and three years of marriage, I’d tried to be a good wife. My husband Tom is always watching, controlling my every move. He chooses my clothes, my hairstyle, even instructing what and how much I’m allowed to eat – just ten mouthfuls. I’ve become isolated from those I love, forbidden to work and stuck at home to fulfil his every whim. My identity along with my life is long gone. I am slowly suffocating but I know Tom will never, ever let me leave alive. But a chance encounter with Savanah changes everything. Tom just couldn’t tear his eyes away from her. I hoped she might be my saviour. What if I asked for her help? Paid her to steal my husband away? Could my husband’s desire for another woman be the answer to my prayers, to my freedom? Bestseller Gemma Rogers is back with another gripping, page-turning thriller. Perfect for fans of Liane Moriarty, Shari Lapena and Lisa Jewell Purchase Link - https://mybook.to/goodwifesocial



Author Bio – Gemma Rogers lives in West Sussex with her husband, two daughters and a bouncy French Bulldog called Boycie. Her love of writing began in her early teenage years, inspired by hours spent buried in Point Horror, Richard Laymon and Christopher Pike with the occasional Judy Blume thrown in for good measure. Other passions include movies - horrors especially (who doesn't love a good scare), country walks, swimming and anything involving cake. Social Media Links – Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GemmaRogersAuthor Twitter: https://twitter.com/GemmaRogers79 Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gemmarogersauthor/ Newsletter Sign Up: https://bit.ly/GemmaRogerNews Bookbub profile: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/gemma-rogers




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...