Thursday 9 May 2024

The Life Sentence by Jackie Kabler

 


The Life Sentence by Jackie Kabler- Psychological thriller

Heather lives a quiet life working in a bookshop. She lives alone and enjoys her solitude. On visiting another bookstore for an author talk she picks up her bag at the end and realises it isn't hers, but there is a note in it inviting her to call a number to meet up with the person who has her things. When she finds they are talking about someone she used to know who is now in prison, she really isn't comfortable but one thing leads to another and her interest is piqued. Can she help to find the truth and get her friend out of prison?

Oh wow! I had only read a couple of chapters of this before I found myself engrossed and wanting to read more. There’s that air of uncertainty and tension between the pages which Jackie does brilliantly. I read The Vanishing Of Class 3B of Jackie's last year and was on tenterhooks the whole way through so when the opportunity to read this arose, I jumped at the chance, and wasn't disappointed. A read I wanted to race through. A brilliant premise so beautifully executed. A crime that didn't quite happen as portrayed, yet it put someone behind bars. A rollercoaster of tension, a clever plot. One I highly recommend.

For more reviews please follow me on Twitter(X) or Threads @nickisbookblog

--------------------------------------------------------

The Life Sentence My name is Amber Ryan. I’m in prison, but I’m innocent. And I’ve been jailed not just for a crime I didn’t commit, but for a crime that never even happened. Now, my friend is going to try to prove it. But to do that, she has to go back. Back to the dark. Purchase Links https://www.amazon.co.uk/Life-Sentence-addictive-psychological-thriller-ebook/dp/B0C8F985C3 https://www.amazon.com/Life-Sentence-addictive-psychological-thriller-ebook/dp/B0C8F985C3

Author Bio – Jackie Kabler is a television presenter and award-winning crime writer. Her bestselling psychological thrillers have been translated into eight languages. They include Am I Guilty?, The Perfect Couple, The Happy Family, The Murder List and The Vanishing of Class 3B. A former TV news reporter, when not writing Jackie now works as a presenter for UK TV shopping channel QVC; she is also an ultramarathon runner and keen gardener, and lives in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, with her husband. Social Media Links – Website www.jackiekabler.com Twitter @jackiekabler Instagram @officialjackiekabler








No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...