The Garden of Memories by Amanda James

 


The Garden of Memories by Amanda James- general fiction

Three women, three lives, amazing tales. Rose has just retired from being a nurse after 40 years. Her husband died a while ago and now she needs to begin again and she is not quite sure how after all this time.. She has been friends with Daisy since school and they know each other inside out. Flora has not long moved to the area and would like to make new friends but doesn't get off on the best footing with Rose when she speaks to her one day. Through their shared love of gardens the women share their experiences and learn from each other in ways they never thought possible and expand their horizons beyond their wildest dreams- all through the calming effect of plants on each of our senses.

Oh wow! A stunningly beautiful book that wrapped itself around me like a beautiful honeysuckle.  Flora's story stopped me in my tracks as much resonated with me, despite being decades younger. One of her phrases to stop a certain voice I’m now adopting! The joy leaps through the pages, as well as the drama and evokes the sights and smells and sounds of the garden. A book that made me stop in my tracks a few times (in a good way) to reflect on life and sometimes how it's the little things that can make the world of difference to us all. I guess it's almost mindfulness in a way- stopping to enjoy the sight of a flower and the effects it has to offer. I can’t say how much I enjoyed this (although I’m trying!). One I really didn't want to end , I loved it so much. Has to be one of my books of the year- one that has that extra special something that left me with more than a story in my heart. A true gem, a prize bloom. 10* if I could

For more reviews please follow me on Twitter (X) or Threads @nickisbookblog

---------------------------------------------


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Murder Under The Mistletoe by Liz Fielding

All in Monte Carlo By Anna Shilling

The Bag of Secrets by Joy Ellis