Thursday 18 August 2022

Isaac and the Egg

 Isaac and the Egg by Bobby Palmer-Literary Fiction

Issac has lost his wife and is standing on a bridge about to end it all when he hears a scream to echo his own thoughts. He climbs down and looks around and to his surprise finds a giant egg. For reasons unknown to him he takes it home. He develops a sort of relationship with the egg,  despite it being unable to communicate with him and this is their story. 

This is a totally ridiculous story, bear with me. So ridiculous that it drew me in hook, line and sinker and I loved it.  There's just something about this that drew me in and made me smile.  We have all been in that frame of mind where all we wanted to do was beat the wall and whether we did it physically or metaphorically we get where Isaac is mentally.  It's enchanting,  it's magical,  it's tragic and it's uplifting.  One I highly recommend. All there is to say is “wawooo”. If you know, you know.  

For more reviews please follow me on Twitter@nickisbookblog

---------------


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...