The Absurd Life of Barry White by Rob Harris

 


The Absurd Life of Barry White by Rob Harris

I was recommended this by a friend (thanks Trish!) and very glad I was. It's a wonderful book that brings a smile and a dose of life in all its facets. Barry is lazy, overweight and drinks far far more in a night than he should in a month. His mother has facilitated this by spoiling him for all his 44 years and it takes a few short sharp shocks for him to realise he is still in essence a child, having everything done for him. He gambles obsessively and hardly ever wins… until he does and this is the catalyst for his life changes.

I smiled and I winced and I felt for Barry in many ways. His heart was always in the right place and this makes for a very entertaining read. A person we could all learn lessons from. Be kind, be thoughtful, and be selfless. A light brilliantly entertaining read with wonderful characters, I more than thoroughly enjoyed.

_______________


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Murder Under The Mistletoe by Liz Fielding

All in Monte Carlo By Anna Shilling