Wednesday 6 September 2017

The Gift (The Butterfly Effect #1)


The Gift 2* -Margaret McHayzer
This is a well written book with an excellent plot. So why two stars? When books are part of a series you expect a thread to link them and characters etc to follow through. A series, however is not a book chopped into two or three parts, to me, to make the reader buy the rest. I was so surprised at the end of this. I say “end” lightly. It was as if a chapter had been torn in two. No conclusions, no closure, in fact I was surprised that there were no more pages. I loved the story, I loved the characters but a non ending overshadowed it all. A real disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...