Sunday 14 February 2021

















Her Guilty Secret by Emily Cavanagh-Saga/ psychological thriller

 Four friends from college decide to meet up at long last for a weekend away.

Four lives, four families and plenty to catch up on. There is a secret they

don’t discuss as to why one of them was expelled at that time. Each has their

own issues- be it children, unsupportive husband, new boyfriend or theft.

They are staying in the second home of Elise who seems to the others to

have it all and not want for anything- however sometimes things aren’t

always as they first appear- not everything can be fixed by money alone.

They don’t know each other as well as they used to even though some

don’t live too far apart. I enjoyed reading this but wouldn't have put it as a

psychological thriller- to me it's more contemporary fiction or womens

saga. There is a twist - or more of an admittance but it doesn't really form

the main part of the story line as it is about friendships and life. A story of

lives and ups and downs, of the past and trying to put things right and

how sometimes friends can come to your rescue even though you think

they don’t really know you at all. I really enjoy this- it made me wince

and it made me smile- and all the things we go through in a friendship

over a long period of time. A thoroughly enjoyable read.

--------------


Description:

 

“Let’s play truth or dare, for old times’ sake…”

 

I reluctantly agree, silently praying none of my three oldest friends gets the chance to ask me a truth. There is so much I’ve been keeping from them. Just for this weekend, for our long-awaited college reunion, I want to put all that aside and have some fun.

 

But it wasn’t my secrets I should have been worried about. It was theirs.

 

When Ada draws truth, she can’t meet my eye. “Ivy…” she begins and then stops. Before saying something that I immediately wish she could take back.

 

But of course she can’t, not now.

 

The worst thing is no one else seems as shocked. I realise they have let me think I was to blame all these years. Perhaps I never knew my closest friends to begin with. Maybe we were never actually friends all…

 

A gripping, emotional drama about the complexities of friendship and what truly lies beneath the image of a perfect life. Fans of Liane Moriarty, Kerry Fisher and Sally Hepworth will be hooked from the very first page. 

 



Author Bio:

A teacher as well as a writer, Emily Cavanagh lives with her husband, two daughters, and an Australian Shepherd on Martha's Vineyard Island. Her work has been published in Red Rock Review, Grain Magazine, Transfer, and Martha's Vineyard Arts and Ideas. Read more about Emily's work and life at www.emilycavanaghauthor.com.


Author Social Media Links:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/emilymcavanagh77

 

Twitter:  https://twitter.com/emilymcavanagh





 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...