Sunday 10 April 2022

Wild Blue Yonder

 



Wild Blue Yonder- M Arnold- historical fiction (WW2

We are back with the women at the Air Transport Auxiliary (ATA) doing their war service delivering aircraft. This is the second book in the Broken Wings series and would probably stand alone. (then again why miss out on another wonderful read? Book one is A Wing and a Prayer- 5* from me). They get invited to a dance where there is a rather famous Captain from the American air force. To the womens horror Doris is afterwards accused of stealing a valuable object from him. Each has their own dramas with life and the ongoing war and how it affects them and their loved ones. 

I'm really enjoying this series. There are wonderful characters and various back stories along with the mystery which makes for an interesting and page turning, very comfortable read. It is very well researched and I found myself learning things as I went through with great admiration for the women of the ATA.  My only criticism is reading of fish and chips- I wanted some! :) (apparently a war time treat and not rationed). Lots of intermingled stories, easily followed with some determined tenacious characters and a smile along the way. A highly enjoyable interesting read- Im looking forward to the next one


For more reviews please follow me on Twitter@nickisbookblog


1 comment:

  1. My heartfelt thanks for such a wonderful review, Nicki! xx

    ReplyDelete

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...