Thursday 28 September 2023

I Spy With My Little Die

 


I Spy With My Little Die by Helen Golden- cozy crime

The PAIRS team are back and this time one of their friends who was injured when shadowing thinks her colleague who was shot and later died was the real target rather than the person they were protecting. Lady Beatrice is still wondering about Fitz as lately he seems to have changed from the rather fierce, no nonsense person she once shuddered at. She is still trying to find out more about her husband's death fifteen years ago as new information has come to light that could put things in a totally different perspective. This is one of a series (number 5)  and needs to be read in order for the backstories to make sense. All are 5* reads from me- books with far more than a plot- read on.


Helen has a talent for taking a clever plot and making it lighthearted with wonderful characters you might even want as friends. There’s never a dull moment and I'm smiling writing this as there’s lots of fun between the pages to engage the reader with a smile. There’s a host of characters and this time it’s not just Bea and Perry doing the sleuthing which worked really well. Perry is a wonderful sidekick and there’s a budding romance and lots of humorous comments along the way which keeps the pages turning. The plot is, as ever, well crafted with lots of red herrings and twists. A thoroughly entertaining read that left me with a smile. 


For more reviews please follow me on Twitter or Threads @nickisbookblog

_____________________

I Spy With My Little Die Uncovering a web of conspiracy that intertwines past and present, can Lady Beatrice and DCI Richard Fitzwilliam catch a killer and unveil the truth of her husband’s death at long last?   BREAKING NEWS Second Senior Police Officer Dies Within a Week A senior officer from the Protection and Investigations (Royal) Services died unexpectedly yesterday. His death comes hot on the heels of Detective Inspector Ethan Preece (43) from City Police, who died of a suspected heart attack last week. Although he’s not yet been named, the dead officer was a greatly respected public figure, who had served in policing for over thirty years. A PaIRS spokesperson has confirmed that ‘neither men’s death is being treated as suspicious at this time’.  With the senior PaIRS officer dead, so is any hope of reopening the inquiry into Lady Beatrice’s husband’s accident fifteen years ago. Unless, of course, there is something that links the two men to the earl’s fatal car crash?  Can she and Fitzwilliam, along with their friends, work together to unravel the mystery and catch a killer before the truth is buried forever? Purchase Links https://www.amazon.co.uk/Little-Right-Royal-Investigation-Mystery-ebook/dp/B0C2D19H1D/ https://www.amazon.com/Little-Right-Royal-Investigation-Mystery-ebook/dp/B0C2D19H1D/


Author Bio – Hello. I’m Helen Golden. I write British contemporary cozy whodunnits with a hint of humour. I live in small village in Lincolnshire in the UK with my husband, my step-daughter, her two cats, our two dogs, sometimes my step-son, and our tortoise. I used to work in senior management, but after my recent job came to a natural end I had the opportunity to follow my dreams and start writing. It's very early in my life as an author, but so far I'm loving it. It’s crazy busy at our house, so when I’m writing I retreat to our caravan (an impulsive lockdown purchase) which is mostly parked on our drive. When I really need total peace and quiet, I take it to a lovely site about 15 minutes away and hide there until my family runs out of food or clean clothes Social Media Links – Insta: www.instragram.com/helengolden_author Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/helengoldenauthor TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@helengoldenauthor



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...