Tuesday 26 September 2023

Wild Hope

 


Wild Hope by Donna Ashworth - Poetry (lifestyle)

Hope-that thing we sometimes lose sight of often in the darkest times just when we could do with it and it slips from our grasp. Early on Donna explains about this and to perhaps “ keep it next to our car keys” so we know where it is and like the keys we won’t get far without it. I'm now thinking this when I reach for said keys- perhaps a good mindset and habit.

I had a hen called Hope who died not so long ago. She was a rescue and came with issues which meant she was not expected to live very long. She ended up thriving almost twice as long as her healthy counterparts (who themselves lived a good long life) and she was so calm and determined and just got on with things, a force to be reckoned with. I mention this as it taught me that there is always Hope and I always remember her when I hear the word. She was and is such an inspiration- exactly what this book is for those that don’t have an animal reminder. It's explanatory, it's inspirational and it's uplifting. One of those reads you can pick up and flip to a page to give yourself that little reminder. My favourite is “ Joy”, one I shall be reading again and again, one to keep on my bedside table. 

Thank you Donna, you really do bring hope and joy to so many. Your words are a strength we never knew we had. 10* If I could. 

For more reviews please follow me on Twitter or Threads  @nickisbookblog

_____________________


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...