Thursday 14 December 2023

The Trial by Rob Rinder

 


The Trial by Rob Rinder- crime

Loved this! A crime book from the perspective of a pupil barrister working towards a hopeful tenancy- one potential place and two candidates. A well known DI, a supposed hero from his work as seen on TV, has been murdered by poisoning and his nemesis has been out of prison for a fortnight. Strangely they met up for a drink, and hence the opportunity could have presented itself. Adam, the pupil, sees something in the accused that he saw in his father who sadly died before his trial for a crime he was surely innocent of. Can Adam make sure that justice is done when the rest of chambers and the world think the case is hopeless to defend?

Oh wow! I was hoping that I would enjoy this as I like books with a courtroom setting and most certainly wasn't disappointed. Rob Rinder is everything I could have hoped for in an author and more- his talent shines through sparklingly. It's gripping, it's clever, it's quite unique in many ways being led by a pupil and not one of the main players. I liked Adam and his tenacity and fight for seeing justice through against all odds. There is a huge twist cleverly woven in which took me by surprise. I can’t wait for the next one (*out June 2024 I believe). Loved it. 

For more reviews please follow me on Twitter or Threads  @nickisbookblog

_____________________


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...