Tuesday 30 January 2024

A Soul for a Soul by Carol Wyer

 

A Soul for a Soul by Carol Wyer -Crime 

DCI Kate Young book 5- stand alone (I hadn’t read the others- yet!)

Wow! One of the most cleverly constructed crime novels I have ever read. DCI Kate Young has a secret. Something happened a while ago and someone out there knows her secret. She is determined to try and unearth the mystery surrounding the death of the Superintendent. A police officer has been incarcerated for another death but contacts Kate as she is sure that she has been set up? Kate wonders if the syndicate she has been trying to find out more about are responsible for both acts. Meanwhile there is a body found on a building site, from the looks of things a wealthy young woman who is pregnant. Acting DI Emma Donaldson has this as her first major case and is instantly very much in at the deep end as there is little to go on. Two parallel crimes give the reader a stunning read, almost two books in one.

This is the first book by Carol that I've read- and it won’t be the last. Wow! The skill of both plots took my breath away, the brilliant expertise of planning must have taken ages and a truly clever perceptive mind. I liked Kate and her dedication and even the voices she was hearing (I won't give anything away) that gave either direction or perception to go forward. A very clever ending left me smiling. A thrill of a read and one that most certainly deserved five stars and a round of applause. Clever, brilliant, breathtaking. 

For more reviews please follow me on Twitter or Threads @nickisbookblog

-----------------------------


1 comment:

  1. Nicki a very warm and genuine thank you for taking part in the tour, and for loving the book! You have put such a smile on my face with this wonderful review and given me a great start to publication day of my 30th book 😍

    ReplyDelete

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...