Wednesday 3 January 2024

Holmes, Marple and Poe by James Patterson

 


Holmes, Marple and Poe by James Patterson-mystery thriller

Oh wow! A book I wanted to devour in one helping but didn't want it to end. Holmes, Marple and Poe are PI’s and have just started their own agency together. Each one has particular talents although all are highly attuned to finding out the whys and wherefores to solve a crime. Holmes for example is hyperosmic and can detect scents amongst the normal ones the rest of us can. Are they their real names? Of that we are not sure but what we can be certain of is that they are good at their job, very good and the police department calls them in when things are starting to get beyond them or where they would rather not be involved. Each one has their own secrets from their lives before they got together. Can they solve the crimes and stay under the radar?

This is my first James Patterson book. I know , I know, I must have been hiding under a rock. Brilliant and page turning doesn't do this justice. It looks like I have rather a back catalogue to catch up on. ;) It's very engaging and I loved each of the main characters. I really hope this will turn into a series. It's sort of a cozy crime style with that brilliance of Patterson’s skill and wit that we all know and love in characters such as Holmes that we’ve seen in films and tv and other books. I can't say how much I loved this. It’s thrilling, it’s entertaining. It's a crime read with a twist and a smile. It's brilliant.

For more reviews please follow me on Twitter or Threads  @nickisbookblog

_____________________


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...