Thursday 16 August 2018

39706210

Before her Eyes Jack Jordan-
Oh boy! Jack has done it again and written a book that not only has me on the
edge of my seat, my nerves in tatters but one I am loathe to put down.
This starts as two stories. Naomi is blind and lives alone with her dog Max
after splitting with her husband, whom she is on good terms with. She works
in a cafe and manages just fine however she has been having suicidal thoughts. We
know she has a secret but not what that might be. She is not the only one holding
secrets we soon find out.  Marcus has not long been promoted in the police force and
when a young woman is found murdered, his boss Lisa take the opportunity to put him
down whenever she can. Twenty years ago another young woman went missing- the
best friend of Naomi’s sister- and has never been found. Marcus unlike Lisa thinks the
two cases may be linked. This is a small town and everyone remembers the girl going
missing. Back in the present day, Naomi stumbles across a body and the killer who
teases her but lets her live. Why? What could they want with her? Jack is one of my
“go-to” authors. If I see a book out by him, I know I will enjoy it and this one grabbed
me from the outset. A first chapter that sets the scenario and then a relatively normal
life suddenly turned on it’s head. I very much felt for Naomi, I can’t begin to think how
hard it must be not being able to see and being in such fear at the same time. Only a
good author can put you “ in their shoes” as it were so your emotions feel for the
character and their every move. A gripping read, an emotional read.
One I highly recommend.
For more reviews please see my blog http://nickibookblog.blogspot.co.uk/

or follow me on Twitter @nickijmurphy1

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...