Friday 10 August 2018

40732159


Blood Ribbon by Roger Bray-


Someone has been killing women and burying them for over 25 years- buried
in the sand dunes and marked on his map. There is a link but a very tenuous one
and one that is not public knowledge.  Brooke has been lucky after a difficult start.
She was taken in by Nico having been wandering the streets and sleeping rough
after being old enough to leave her foster home. Nico not only gave her a place to
stay and work but his trust and faith in her. Something she had never had. When
she is attacked but lives to tell the tale her life takes on a different slant. A story
of friendships and enduring memories. Of that family doesn’t have to be blood
relations just those close to you. I really enjoyed this and read it in a day. I liked
Brooke- she has tenacity and determination and that want to put something back
which to me is an honorable thing.  This is different from the normal PI crime
stories as the PI takes a back seat and even Brooke investigating is done well,
in a more roundabout way as if she is more curious as to why she was attacked
rather than her setting out to be a hapless gumshoe as in some books.
Well told from a different perspective , a crime tale but one to restore your faith
in human nature.


For more reviews please see my blog http://nickibookblog.blogspot.co.uk/

or follow me on Twitter @nickijmurphy1


Blood Ribbon When there’s more than secrets buried, where do you start digging? When Brooke Adams is found battered, bleeding, and barely conscious, the police are at a loss
as to who her attacker is or why she was targeted.Then, PI Rod Morgan turns up convinced
that Brooke’s attack is the latest in a string of unsolved disappearances dating back
twenty-five years.The police, however, aren’t convinced, so Brooke and Rod must
investigate the cases themselves.As secrets from the past start unravelling, will they
find Brooke’s attacker before he strikes again, or is that one secret that will stay buried
forever?
Purchase Link - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blood-Ribbon-theres-secrets-digging-
ebook/dp/B07F9CC32X/



About Roger Bray




I have always loved writing; putting words onto a page and bringing characters to life.
I can almost feel myself becoming immersed into their lives, living with their fears and
triumphs. Thus, my writing process becomes an endless series of questions. What
would she or he do, how would they react, is this in keeping with their character?
Strange as it sounds, I don’t like leaving characters in cliffhanging situations without
giving them an ending, whichever way it develops. My life to date is what compels me to seek a just outcome, the good will overcome
and the bad will be punished. More though, I tend to see my characters as everyday
people in extraordinary circumstances, but in which we may all find our selves if the
planets align wrongly or for whatever reason you might consider. Of course, most novels are autobiographical in some way. You must draw on your
own experiences of life and from events you have experienced to get the inspiration.
My life has been an endless adventure. Serving in the Navy, fighting in wars, serving
as a Police officer and the experiences each one of those have brought have all drawn
me to this point, but it was a downside to my police service that was the catalyst for
my writing.Medically retired after being seriously injured while protecting a woman in
a domestic violence situation I then experienced the other side of life. Depression and
rejection. Giving truth to the oft said saying that when one door closes another opens
I pulled myself up and enrolled in college gaining bachelor and master degrees, for my
own development rather than any professional need. The process of learning, of getting
words down onto the page again relit my passion for writing in a way that I hadn’t felt
since high school. So here we are, two books published and another on track. Where it will take me I have no idea but I am going to enjoy getting there and if my
writing can bring some small pleasure into people’s lives along the way, then I consider
that I will have succeeded in life. Social Media Links – https://twitter.com/rogerbray22 https://www.facebook.com/rogerbraybooks/ https://rogerbraybooks.com/




1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Nicki for your wonderful review, I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...