Wednesday 8 January 2020

JEALOUSY IS MURDER by Jeanette Taylor Ford-cozy mystery/Police procedural

Young Charlie is used to his mother bringing back different men to their dilapidated
camper van. Charlie sleeps hidden away in the roof space and stays out of sight. One
morning he wakes to find his mother asleep and goes outside to the stream to get a
drink. On his return he tries to wake her and finds livid bruises on her neck. He finds
that she is dead and so gathers up a few meagre belongings and runs away. He is not
only frightened of being taken into care but of the man that killed his mother. Eight
years beforehand a man was killed when a burglar entered his home. Now his widow
is briefly visiting his family in a spur of the moment visit. She has given no reason to
be there and leaves as quickly as she arrived. DI Dan and his team are looking into
the murder as well as Charlies disappearence. It is getting cold and he is small for his
age, living rough is going to be hard for him. I loved this, it was easy to get into with
several very likeable characters and a warmth around them (such as Charlie who you
couldn’t help but feel for).
This is my first book by this author and would have no hesitation in reading more
of her works. A very pleasurable, well thought out read.
For more reviews please see my blog http://nickibookblog.blogspot.co.uk/

or follow me on Twitter@nickisbookblog

Jealousy is Murder (River View #4) by Jeanette Taylor Ford When a young woman is found strangled in her camper-van and her twelve-year-old son
goes missing, DI Cooke and DS Grant have a dual problem on their hands. And what does
this murder have to do with the fatal stabbing of a young man in Portsmouth several
years before? And how on earth are residents of Sutton-on-Wye involved?


Jeanette Taylor Ford – author bio I'm a lifetime bookworm! From reading to my children to now creating stories of my own, books have always been a large, important part of my life. Those who have read my stories have enjoyed them, so I finally decided to inflict them upon the world in general. Some of them are ghostly tales, combined with loveable characters and interesting situations which make them ghost stories with a difference. However, I also write children's stories, the first of which, 'Robin's Ring' is published and I'm working on another Robin story. My new series, The River View Series, presents mild mysteries with a difference - and are set in my beloved Herefordshire. Much to our youngest daughter's disgust, I love old buildings, castles, mansions, historical places, especially ruined buildings and they are often the inspiration for my stories. My retirement from my job as a teaching assistant has given me the opportunity to indulge my love of writing and I ask for no more than to give pleasure to my readers. When not writing, I'm making cards, singing in a ladies' choir, doing Family History and all sorts of other things. I am married to Tony, a retired teacher, and we have six children and seven grandchildren. We live near Nottingham, England. LINKS Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jeanette.ford.16

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...