Monday 29 March 2021

 




Girl A-Dan Scottow-psychological thriller

OMG- a book to put you on the edge of your seat and keep you there! In 1985

a child was taken from his mother at a fair and then beaten and killed. A boy of

eleven and a girl of seven were put on trial. The boy was imprisoned but the

girl was deemed too young to have done anything. Present day: Beth and

Charlie live with their two children in a remote farmhouse. Beth works in

publishing where she has worked for many years and Charlie is in advertising.

One night the doorbell goes and a note is pushed through the door. Things

escalate and they both wonder what on earth is going on. Someone is out

to get Beth, a case of mistaken identity but who is it and how far will they

go? Wow! The tension in this builds and builds to the point I felt myself

racing through to find out just who and what. To me the skill of a very

talented writer that made me want to read at an ever increasing pace.

A twist or three and not what I was expecting. I loved this.

Brilliant doesn't do it justice. Wow! 

 For more reviews please see my blog http://nickibookblog.blogspot.co.uk/

or follow me on Twitter@nickisbookblog


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...