Friday 10 December 2021


The Stars Will Shine Again - Short story anthology

A wonderful treasure of a read for a very good cause. For anyone not in the know this charity was set up in 2007 to help service personnel who had been injured in the line of duty- a UK armed forces and military veterans charity giving lifelong support.

The Stars will shine again title reminded me of the Military wives song “ Wherever you are” : Light after darkness my wondrous star, Our hopes and dreams, my heart and yours, forever shining far,  Light after darkness my prince of peace ,May the stars shine all around you ,May your courage never cease” which always brings a tear to my eye.

A brilliantly put together collection of short stories- each are five to ten minutes long and easily read over a coffee. There's the weird and wonderful, the slightly macabre to the ones that bring a wistful feeling or smile evoking perhaps a memory or two.

Special mention goes to Alistair Birch for anyone who loves rats (or not!) and to Andrew Barrett for a clever ghost story that certainly got my brain in gear! Tony Forder (almost) made me cry whilst Sarah Hardy got me second guessing and Judith Baker made me smile. As you can probably tell there is a gamut of emotions throughout this little treasure of a read. Very special mention to Emma Mitchell for putting this together so wonderfully. 

A christmas gift with a stunning cover, perfect for a stocking filler and knowing every penny is going to such a worthwhile cause. 


For more reviews please see my blog http://nickibookblog.blogspot.co.uk/

or follow me on Twitter@nickisbookblog















 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...