Wednesday 18 January 2023

Through Her Eyes

 


Through her eyes- NJ Moss - psychological thriller

Jess lives in a motorhome and likes to watch people. She has enough money to sustain her current way of living and loves what she does. She has had her own rough time of things and when she sees Anna being abused by her husband Patrick, Jess hatches a plan. Jess befriends Luka to get involved in this. However seeing parts of lives through snatched glances isn’t always the full story…..

Knowing Nathan's other books, I knew I wouldn't be in for a straightforward domestic drama type read. There was quickly something about Jess that resonated, something more than just someone with a pair of binoculars gazing at other peoples lives. I won’t spoil anything other than to say hang on for the ride and when I finished my first thought was “ what the heck just happened?”. I’d felt as if I had been picked up, flung around and shaken up and down for good measure. Then……….. I read Nathan afterword piece and like the very last part of a complex puzzle it all slotted into place perfectly. How very clever, how ingenious. Nathan says it was subliminal and only when he finished writing did he realise. I feel there is a clever mindset going on even if unpremeditated. Wow! What more can I say? I can only think this is a work of a genius or a madman and I’m sure (hope) Nathan would agree. Every genius there ever was has been called mad by someone at some stage, so please take this as a compliment Nathan, I really am congratulating you. Stunning, reeling, dark and complex. One heck of a read wow, wow wow! 

For more reviews please follow me on Twitter@nickisbookblog

_____________________


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...