Monday 17 June 2019

44677797


Every dog has his day by Chloe Grace -Cozy mystery/humour
Albie is a dog. A beagle to be exact. He and his friend Cleo the cat (yes it’s possible as Albie
explains) have moved house as their owner Millie died. They first went to an animal shelter
which was rather a shock after living in the lap (literally) of luxury having lived in a mansion
with a butler and Bentley. They have gone to live with Bella who much to his amazement
Albie finds can understand every word he says as well as Cleo the cat. He is convinced
that Millie died under suspicious circumstances and so begins the trail of finding out
who and why. They are used to living the high life and although life with Bella isn’t quite
so grand as before they have everything they want and a huge amount of TLC. What
more could any pet desire? Albie can understand humans although not read and
being a dog has it’s advantages of being able to sneak innocently around. What
more could an amateur detective wan? I’m a huge dog lover so in no way found
it strange for a dog to be talking (well they do- don’t they?).
I really enjoyed this. A short read (novella- perhaps a couple of hours)
with a smile on every page.
For more reviews please see my blog http://nickibookblog.blogspot.co.uk/

or follow me on Twitter @nickisbookblog

Every dog has his day They say every dog has his day. Well, today I've certainly had mine. Hey, I'm Albertus Eagle and it turns out I'm an unwitting pet detective. I haven't always been
such a successful legal beagle, but when I'm confronted with a case that is so personal
I can't ignore it, I discover I have a passion for finding those who don't want to be found. Cleo the cat. Well, she came along for the ride too. So, sure I've had my day today, but not in the sense of being past my prime. To the contrary,
the fun is just starting. And I am buzzing with a new purpose, mixed with a tiny amount of
vindictive elation. Why? Because, I've not only found myself a new home after the untimely demise of my previous
owner, but I've also made amends with the cat. It turns out she's not that bad, really. On top of that though, and this is what really sends shivers racing all the way down my
spine to my paws, is that we've fingered a killer. How? Because you human’s, you underestimate us animals. And while you go about your business
ignoring our very existence, the cat and I are listening and taking notes. This is the first full length novel in the Albertus Eagle detective beagle series of animal cozy
mysteries, starring Albertus Eagle, and his two sidekicks, Cleo the cat and Bella Schuhmann,
the smart human who actually understands him. In this wonderful full length book packed
with humour and satire, we see the world of murder and intrigue set up through the eyes
of a loyal dog turned amateur sleuth.
Purchase Links: UK - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07NP9VVXK US - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NP9VVXK


Author Bio – Chloe Grace is the cozy mystery pen name for romantic mystery author,
Karen Botha. While she doesn’t understand animals quite as well as Bella in the
Albertus Eagle Detective Beagle cozy mysteries, she does chat along to her rescue dog,
Shadow, pretty much all day. And she’s sure that he chats back. Chloe lives with Shadow and her hubby in a small outpost of London city—funnily
enough it’s a little like where Bella and Albie live. As a family they like to go on walks
in the local woods and throw a tennis ball until their respective arms ache, which is
usually before Shadow shows any hint of exhaustion. While her first romance novels were inspired by true life events, the Albertus Eagle
series are complete imagination – although her conversations with Shadow can’t be ignored. Social Media Links – SIGN UP FOR MAILING LIST - https://dl.bookfunnel.com/jgeib0362x VISIT HER WEBSITE - http://www.karenbotha.com/meet-karen/chloe-grace-cozy-mysteries/ FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/ChloeGraceMysteries/?modal=admin_todo_tour INSTAGRAM - https://www.instagram.com/karenbothaauthor


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...