Wednesday 18 December 2019

48764175. sy475

In Plain Sight - Adam Croft-Crime  (Knight & culverhouse book 9- but will stand alone)
A book I didn’t want to let go of until I got to the end. Petrol stations are being robbed
at gun- point by masked men. There are no working cameras and security is rather lax
to say the least. When the local jewelers also takes a hit there are more devastating
consequences. Jack and Wendy and the team have their hands full and a few
suspicions as to what is going on but proving it is quite another matter especially when
the future for Mildenheath CID could be at stake. The new PCC is doing everything she
can to integrate them and Jack has more than a few choice words. Oooh!!! I loved this.
Jack and Wendy are wonderful characters and I found myself laughing at times. They
each have a back -story which I always like as long as its well done (which with Adam
goes without saying… so why am I??) which gives depth and warmth to their
characters without detracting from the plot. This is part of a series but the first
Knight and Culverhouse I have read (I need to go find the others pretty soon!)
but will happily stand alone. I can;t recommend this enough. It’s a brilliant very
well thought out plot, wonderful characters and that je ne sais quois of a
quality writer who knows how to get you into the pages and then stay there.
Brilliant doesn’t cover it. 
For more reviews please see my blog http://nickibookblog.blogspot.co.uk/

or follow me on Twitter@nickisbookblog

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...