Tuesday 4 August 2020

40604197. sy475


Half a World Away- Mike Gayle- contemporary fiction 
Dear Mike,

I hope you don't mind me calling you that as having read two of your novels I feel
as if I  know you a little,  ok maybe know a little of what makes your world go around
as it shines through in both books. I blubbed my way through the last 25% and through
the tears saw the message of hope that like the words in a stick of rock goes solidly
through your books. That the world has its ups and downs ( and boy are there some
bumps along the way) but through it all, it's how people are that counts. Not their
standing in life, or what they have achieved or are dressed in, but what is in their
hearts and how they treat others that truly makes the world go around.  Not all of us
have had loving parents or love,support or encrouagement- only perhaps finding this 
later in life and wow, what a difference it makes to the world.
You can't change the world but the world can change for someone with a kind word or
gesture.  Thank you. My heart is singing through the tears and every time I see
something glittery, I  know that there is love and hope out there. A truly stunning
read and one I will remember for a very long time.








No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...