Friday 25 June 2021

 



Deadly secrets - Gordon Bickerstaff - Thriller

Wow! Where to begin? A book of corporate deceit and inner wheels having

effects on so many. Gavin is working on a food product from fish that could

well change the industry forever. Biochemical research with industry and a

whole lot more ramifications. When something is so revolutionary,  word

gets out and those with a whole lot of both money and power are out to

seize it and not necessary in a legal or trustworthy way.. This is my first

book by this author and I’m blown away. Although fiction there is detail

which has had to be researched to the nth degree and is very well put

across. Despite being a multi- faceted plot this is very easy to follow

and unlike many books I didn't have to stop and think “ just who is this

person?” at any time. For me this would make a very good, engaging

TV series. Thriller as a genre almost doesn't do this justice in a good

way. There are twists and turns, sharp ones at times so cleverly

crafted- the work of a real plot master and talented author. A story

of technology but more of human greed and possession both of

things and of people and of a normal someone- Gavin who we

can relate to, to make the whole thing plausible- a man of trust

and decency and a whole lot more.

A very interesting read that made me think. 

For more reviews please see my blog http://nickibookblog.blogspot.co.uk/

or follow me on Twitter@nickisbookblog


1 comment:

  1. Thank you Nicki. I am so pleased you liked the story. You've made my day.

    ReplyDelete

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...