Thursday 27 January 2022

 



The Couple At The Table- Sophie Hannah-psychological thriller 

Jane has been murdered at a resort owned by her father. She was with William, her husband on their honeymoon. Lucy who was married to William is by chance also at the resort with her fiance, the two couples having previously got on well. This is written in two timelines- one atthe time of the murder and the other almost a year on- the murder still not having been solved. Jane had received a mysterious note “ Beware of the couple at the table nearest to yours” however on the day of her murder all of he table had been rearranged so that each one had at least 2 others equidistant- and no-one knows who moved them. Jane had a very public outburst before she and William retreated back to their cottage, most of it was aimed at Lucy who remained with all of the others at the dining area. Who could have killed Jane and why?

I enjoyed this- there is just that certain something - Sophie has the skill of writing to encapsulate you and keep the pages turning and turning. I remember I felt the same about “ Haven't They Grown”. Funnily enough although Lucy grew on me a little there wasn't really a character that I could say I liked or empathised with, yet I was still truly engrossed, again to me the talent of a crafted author. A “locked room” type mystery with various twists and turns that kept me within the pages. Loved it.

For more reviews please see my blog http://nickibookblog.blogspot.co.uk/

or follow me on Twitter@nickisbookblog


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...