Tuesday 1 March 2022

 


The Right Words- Donna Ashworth- Poety/Inspirational

A friend bought me this as Im going through something currently which she totally gets. Donna writes " let the book decide which page you need to read today, its rather good at that" Sceptical? Oh boy! After a tough day of dealing with things Id rather not talk about, the book found the right pages for me. So much so it blew me away. Someone " got me"- my feelings and emotions, thoughts and doubts and so much more.

I cant say how much this meant to me in terms of the above and of reassurance and levelling and beyond. As Donna says " the right words in the right order at the right time can do so very much"

Never understimate the power of words: they can wound they can heal, they can scar for life and they can take you away to a very different place. 

I cant thank Donna and my friend enough for this. Another friend spookily sent me another of Donna poems- a "saw this and thought of you" moment. Donna clearly touches many and gets it big time. 

Each year I award my 5** to around 10% of the books I read (around 220 a year) as they have touched me and been that extra special. This one deserves this in spades.10 * if I could.

The power of words can be a hug in a book- Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...