Monday 5 September 2022

Olive, Mabel and Me

 


Olive, Mabel and Me- Andrew Cotter

I know I am late to the party with this one. Ive had it a while and was slowly savouring it, rather like a good wine sat on a shelf waiting for the right occasion. Then I had a carpe diem moment and devoured it, siezing the day as appears also to be Andrews philosophy on life. A read for proper dog lovers. I add the "proper" as you will understand if you have read the book. For those whose dogs are walked twice a day and have their own carpe diem philosophy, are not dressed unless (in very expensive) mountain gear- see the book  and live  and somehow just life to the full. Im sitting writing this in a caravan with one (of 3) faithful companions by my side. I wouldnt be here if it wasnt for dogs. I don't say this lightly- they have saved my life so many times as I know Andrew would understand. They live in the moment and somehow just "get" human feelings, sometimes even ahead of what we realise ourselves. Ive digressed from the book- but not really as this is what its about. The love and companionship of a species so amazing in so many ways. I laughed out loud ( sorry next door caravan) and I shed a tear but was left with my heart bursting at the love Ive been so lucky to receive from my faithful friends. 10* if I could (and a sausage to Olive and Mabel). Maybe a pat to Mr Cotter too ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...