Friday 30 December 2022

Behind The Seams

 






Behind The Seams- Esme Young- autobiography 

I'm not really a sewer but have mended and done the odd adjustment. The Sewing Bee drew me in as it was fascinating, the skill of the contestants quite something. I loved Esme from when she first appeared as she had that certain something, the wherewithal of someone who has been around the block and can spot a mistake from three fields away! When I learnt of the book it had to be on my Christmas list and didn't disappoint. Its Esme's life story- how she found fashion and probably more like how it found her, having done graphic design as her main subject. Yes there are the occasional names thrown in- but go girl! Throw them and be proud! . In an unforgiving industry when you are asked to make clothes for a someone then be justifiably proud. A story of a very hard working lady whom I admire. Her tenacity and determination are admirable. Loved it. 

For more reviews please follow me on Twitter@nickisbookblog

_____________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...