Saturday 8 April 2023

Peril in the Park

 




Peril in the Park (Jamie Quinn#3)  By  Barbara Vankataraman- Cozy crime

I love this series- and bonus! -each one happily stands alone and can be easily read in 2-3 hours. Jamie Quinn is a lawyer and her boyfriend Kip works for the parks department. In this, number three in the series, Jamie receives an email and pictures of her and Kip from I-C-U. One of her friends is a PI and he quickly finds who has been taking the pictures- a man who is then found dead. Meanwhile odd messages have been mowed into the grass at one of the parks. Are the two connected and why target Jamie and Kip?

Barbara most certainly knows how to quickly grab the reader both with characters, the plot and lots of smiles- I'm smiling as I'm writing this. It’s a wonderful easy read which I found myself rapidly invested in. I like Jamie and Kip (and Duke!) who come across very well. There is a subplot running through about Jamie's father who is stuck in Nicaragua awaiting a visa. Barbara's own skills in family law shine through when writing about Jamie and her situation and work. All six books can be bought for under £5. A wonderful, highly entertaining read I thoroughly recommend.

For more reviews please follow me on Twitter@nickisbookblog

------------------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...