Tuesday 18 July 2023

Cold Murder


 

Cold Murder by Jeanette Taylor Ford- Crime 

A wonderful easy read I loved from cover to cover. A body has been found by a dog walker who recognises who it is- it's one of their neighbours. Further investigation finds that the close the people live on know each other rather better than most. The victim was a misogynistic bully whom no-one really liked. Could they perhaps have got together to get rid of him? When there are apparent links to a previous murder DS Della and team have to put on more than their thinking caps.

This is one of those reads that I found quickly enveloped me. I wanted to read “ just one more chapter” and another and another. There’s nothing complicated or gory- just a very pleasant detective story despite being a crime book. I quickly liked Della and her dogged tenacity and determination whilst maintaining a caring, compassionate side. This is the first in the DS Della Downs series and I would happily read more (they aren't written yet!) In fact sign me up now please! It’s a wonderful writing style, one that puts the reader in the drama whilst keeping them at ease- a real skill. A magnificent, clever, entertaining read I thoroughly enjoyed. Highly recommended- five big ones.

For more reviews please follow me on Twitter@nickisbookblog


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...