Saturday 19 August 2023

The Family on Smith Street

 



The Family on Smith Street  by Elisabeth Carpenter- psychological thriller

Set in two timelines this tells the story of a mother who has gone missing after arranging to meet someone who had contacted her by email. The other timelines is back in the 1990's and tells of a young boy Alexander who is up to no good,  not helped by the fact that his father is in prison. Alex makes some impulsive decisions and this timeline moves on until present day. Most of the present day is told by Scarlett, the daughter of the missing woman and her own discoveries about her family. 

OMG! What a belter of a premise! One perfectly executed and twists and turns I really didn’t see coming. I liked Scarlett who came across well- to me, the skill of a talented author. A fast paced conundrum of a read with a cracking ending. I can’t recommend this highly enough. Wow- just wow! 

For more reviews please follow me on Twitter@nickisbookblog

_____________________



Buy Link(s):

https://geni.us/B0C5MZGBLXsocial



About the Book: 


A happy family. A picture-perfect street. A secret someone would kill for.

My husband 
James and I love living on Smith Street, with its neat houses and friendly family barbecues. Our daughter Scarlett grew up playing outside with the other local kids – it’s somewhere nothing bad could ever happen. Or so I thought…

Because when I wake terrified, head pounding, in a cramped windowless room, I realise I was entirely wrong. As my eyes adjust to the dark, I see creased pictures of missing local people I vaguely recognise from the news covering the walls. Then my skin turns ice-cold when I notice the newest pictures are of me, of James, of Scarlett…

A terrified sob catches in my throat. It seems there’s been a killer hiding in our neighbourhood for years. And 
I’m their next victim.

I stare at the photos in horror. Because if they’ve got me, they could also have James or, worst of all, my precious daughter Scarlett... In that moment, I know I’ll do anything, everything, to save my family. 
Especially because, deep down, I know this is all my fault

A completely compelling and page-turning psychological thriller perfect for fans of My Lovely WifeThe Serial Killer’s Wife and The Housemaid.


Author Bio

Elisabeth Carpenter lives in Preston with her family. She completed a BA in English Literature and Language with the Open University in 2008.

Elisabeth was awarded a Northern Writers’ New Fiction award, and was longlisted for Yeovil Literary Prize (2015 and 2016) and the MsLexia Women’s Novel award (2015). She loves living in the north of England and sets most of her stories in the area, including the novel she is writing at the moment.

Social Media





No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...