Tuesday 10 October 2023

The Perfect Date

 


The Perfect Date by Julia Crouch -psychological thriller

Caz is a dog walker after giving up her teaching job through the stress it brought her. She now has a successful, well known business that she enjoys. A while back she was out walking a group of her dogs and she found a body- yes it’s always the dog walker she thought, what a cliche. The thing was the body was that of a man she had met online and was dating. She later found out that he was married but hadn't told her. Now she has found another body- and it’s another man she was dating who was also married- coincidence or just down right odd?. Last time she told the police of her relationship and was hauled in as a suspect so this time she’s kept it quiet. She is also house sitting for a friend and client and there are some odd things happening around the house. What is happening and why?

I really enjoyed this. There’s a sense of tension and drama even around what first appears to be Caz’s general life and days. Things having been left or moved or opened and the sense something isn't quite right. A whodunnit in a very different way and one that put me on the edge of my seat rapidly turning pages. A clever concept well executed, one I thoroughly enjoyed.

For more reviews please follow me on Twitter or Threads @nickisbookblog

____________________

I thought I’d found the one… But then I found him dead.

The last time I saw Harry, he was smiling at me over a candlelit table. It felt like I’d known him forever. I sipped my wine, and let myself hope for a second perfect date.

But this morning, out on a bright sunny walk, my rescue dog starts barking. I follow to see what he’s found. That’s when I see Harry’s body. His handsome face is cold and still. I back away, trembling.

It should be the worst thing that has ever happened to me. But it’s happened to me before.

The last two men I dated are dead.

I can’t tell the police I knew them both. I’d be their number one suspect.

But I need answers. Am I going mad, or is this my fault? And if I don’t find out who is doing this, will I be next?

A totally unputdownable psychological thriller that will keep you gripped and gasping till the very last page. Perfect for fans of Lisa Jewell, Paula Hawkins and Gillian Flynn.


Author Bio:

Julia started off as a theatre director and playwright. While her children were growing up, she swerved into graphic design. After writing and illustrating two children’s books for an MA, she discovered that her great love was writing prose. The picture books were deemed too dark for publication, so, to save the children, she turned instead to writing for adults. Her first book, Cuckoo, was published in 2011, and she has been writing what she calls her Domestic Noir novels ever since. She also writes for TV and teaches on the Crime Writing MA at the University of East Anglia. She has three grown up children and lives in Brighton with her husband and two cats, Keith and Sandra.


Sign up to be the first to hear about new releases from Julia Crouch here: https://www.bookouture.com/julia-crouch/

Buy Link:

You can sign up for all the best Bookouture deals you'll love at: http://ow.ly/Fkiz30lnzdo





No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...