Wednesday 21 November 2018

42769381

The Enigma- Stewart Giles-Crime
When a boat arrives at the local harbour with a gaping hole in one side, the harbour-master
goes to its assistance. What he didn’t bargain for was a dead body at the helm. When
 DC Harriet Taylor and her team arrive they find an even more gruesome discovery.
Another boat is found shortly afterwards in a different harbour and the two incidents
appear to be linked. What is going on and why have the bodies been operated on?
This is only my second read of a Stewart Giles book  (the first being The Beekeeper)
so I was not familiar with the characters (I understand that they have appeared in
different books). I was not disappointed. I found this an easy read, nothing too gory
and an excellent plot which kept me turning. I took to the characters quickly and
particularly liked both Harriet and Jason. A book that you get into quickly and easily
to me makes for a relaxing read. Enough to keep the grey matter active but not too
much that it becomes a chore. Short, snappy chapters keep the pace flowing and
I wanted to keep turning as this is quite the ingenious plot.
Will I be reading more from this author- you bet!
For more reviews please see my blog http://nickibookblog.blogspot.co.uk/
or follow me on Twitter @nickijmurphy1

Amazon Top 1000 reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...