Monday 27 April 2020


Marrow Jam by [King, Susan A.]

Marrow Jam by Susan A King Cozy Crime
Beattie is being interviewed by the police having been found on an allotment with a
deadly weapon in her hands  She tell s them “if I was going to do anything amiss I
wouldn't have the 12cm kitchen knife it would have been the 14cm one”. Someone
is dead, someone Beattie had crossed swords with  and she is giving her version of
events which began at the local fete where Beattie entered her coffee and mango
cake and won her class. Doug Sparrow yet again won best in show with his enormous
marrow and Beattie was determined to bring him down a peg or two. And so we
get the tale from the show onwards. I really enjoyed this. It's a Miss Marple/Father
Brown with humour. Think local villages and W.I and we are in 1999 and so have a
little technology to hand. This is a cozy crime with a smile, a little romance, a little
mystery and a larger than life character that reminded me of Madam Arcarti
(without the seance). A wonderful enjoyable read that cheered me up no end!
For more reviews please see my blog http://nickibookblog.blogspot.co.uk/

or follow me on Twitter@nickisbookblog



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...