Saturday 11 April 2020

51217199. sy475


My Husbands Lie- Emma Davies -psychological thriller
When I stumbled across the listing for Pevensey House I knew I had found a way for
my family to be free and I didn’t hesitate. I should have, I know that now…”
Thea and her family have moved back to what was formerly her childhood home until
she was eleven years old. She and her husband are now both self employed and can
work from home. Her children can escape London and grow up in the countryside, what
could be more idyllic. She soon meets Anna who lives nearby and the children quickly
make friends as do the adults. There appears to be more than “just the new people”
stigma when Thea is seen in the village and people are acting rather oddly. Around
twenty years beforehand a girl was assaulted and he perpetrator was never found.
Thea finds a news cutting about this in her secret hiding place she had as a child.
Why would it be there and what does it mean? I enjoyed this. It's one of those that
begins to read as “just” a domestic tale Then there is that unease, that something
you can’t quite put your finger on. A village where everyone knows everyone’s
business but not letting on and how some as in real life will believe the smallest thing
which then germinates and grows. A clever plot that kept me within its pages and
beautifully written as with Emma’s books.  An absorbing engaging read.
For more reviews please see my blog http://nickibookblog.blogspot.co.uk/
or follow me on Twitter@nickisbookblog

--------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...