Monday 1 May 2023

The Monk

 


The MONK by Tim Sullivan- Crime

When the body of a monk is found DS George Cross is posed with many questions. Who would want to murder a religious man and why being George’s main question. The order has few visitors and Brother Dom was reported missing a few days before he was found. The monks have no transport and he was found a way from the abbey. How on earth did he get there?

I love George. If you’ve not come across him before- he’s a wonderful, slightly acerbic, socially inept man. He’s on the spectrum which he acknowledges and DS Ottey, his sidekick, tries her best to gently explain to him (and others) and push him in line. His nuances make him all the more lovable as he’s the one who would say what we are all thinking, so I can't help but smile at his style and even as I'm writing this. This is part of a series but happily stands alone ( I’ve read the others but not in order- once I had read one I just had to read the others - I was that entranced). A brilliant very different crime read- one to perhaps make you smile along the way amongst a thrilling plotline one very cleverly thought out as always. Not saying I love this but please sign me up for the next one! 

For more reviews please follow me on Twitter@nickisbookblog

_____________________


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...