Thursday 15 October 2020

 















I Can't Sleep- J.E Rowney -Psychological thriller
“I can’t sleep.Not since June 16th, 2018.Not since what happened…”

Becky  is at university. She can’t sleep, not since what happened- something she really
doesn’t want to talk to anyone about. She has seen a counsellor and after a year
managed to tell a little about it. She now has to see her GP here as it appears either
her mind is playing tricks on her or someone is. Various odd things are happening
including silent calls. Worse is that someone is getting into her flat at night. Is she
imagining it or is someone taunting her? I took to Becky and her situation. Anyone
who has suffered anxiety or insomnia (or other mental health issues) knows only too
well the infinite power of the mind and how sometimes you are not always sure what
is real and what is imagined. This is written in a captivating but sensitive way. There is
that sense of unease, we don’t know Becky’s whole story and there is that sense of
something you can’t quite put your finger on- the mark to me of a good writer that
draws you in, keeping your appetite whetted with little tasters whilst masking the
whole menu. A new author to me and one to look out for.
For more reviews please see my blog http://nickibookblog.blogspot.co.uk/

or follow me on Twitter@nickisbookblog

Purchase link :
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B086Q9B11B?tag=jerowneywrite-21
Goodreads link : http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/51796146



Video trailer:

2d885/downloads
/i%20can_t%20sleep%20video%20trailer.mp4?ver=1584413371629


I spent several years living in the cold Yorkshire hills, which brings the flavour of the moorland countryside into my work. I now live in Dorset, and the sun and sea are slowly creeping in as influences.
I am an award winning poet, and also enjoy writing short stories. "Charcoal", my first novel, was published in 2012 to wide critical acclaim, and was a bestselling novel on Amazon within days of release. My latest novel, “Ghosted” was released in January 2020. 
I have also written three poetry collections, "Desire Lines" and "How the Heart Behaves", and “Relationshipwrecks”, along with a haiku collection, “five seven five”.
”I always dreamed of being a writer, until I realised that I was. Then I started to write."








image21

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...