Sunday 24 January 2021

 














The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse- Charlie Mackesy

Im late to the party with this one and treated myself after receiving a book voucher.

What had I been waiting for? Oh how I wish I had bought this sooner!

For me, Its THE book to get me through lockdown and so, so much more.

A look at life in sometimes the simplest of ways that can give us the most joy

and to ask simple quetions to make us pause and think.

Theres a wistfulness about this yet so very clever and several smiles (a mole

 who loves cake!)

A book to treasure, a book to give someone who may need that long distance 

hug to know that you care. Or even better as Charlie himself says, be kind to

 yourself- so I was and fell head over heels in love with this.

A treasure, a true pleasure and one very very special book 10* if I could 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...