Wednesday 6 January 2021

 















The Girl Who Turned a Blind Eye- Diane Wilkinson-psychological thriller                        

Beverley is a stalker and is receiving therapy - however she is clever enough to

play the system. Her ex had a court order against her and now has a new

girlfriend- one whom Beverley is courting to find out more and sew a few seeds

of doubt along the way. Her new boyfriend is married and again there is some

talking going on. Beverley is seeing her therapist and plays her part well reliving

some of her circumstances to enliven the plot. I'm only 25% of the way in and

already there is that tension, that unease (which I love) with a good

psychological thriller. You know something is amiss or that something is about

to happen not not yet quite what. A complex plot of two couples and a spare-

Beverley. Occasional chapters give us a chilling recollection of the past but not

who by. I half had my suspicions about this and 70% if the way through I'm still

not sure. A brilliantly written, very well thought out plot, one that very easily

kept me within the pages- my first book by this author and won’t be my

last. A gripping tantalising read.

For more reviews please see my blog http://nickibookblog.blogspot.co.uk/

or follow me on Twitter@nickisbookblog


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...