Saturday 13 November 2021




 Saying Goodbye to Tuesday by Chrissie Manby- literary fiction

A totally delightful and inspiring read. Tuesday has just lost her dog

as he has been run over. However no-one has told Stupendo this.

For some reason he has not crossed the rainbow bridge and is

unseen by humans. His canine and feline friends however can

still see him and interact with him. We also go back in time to when

Tuesday got him and then got a boyfriend and a baby. Stupendo, or Stuart Little

(cos he was) is a very smart dog and you can't help but love him. Saying things

such as “ why do humans wear shoes that would impede your ability to zoom?”

made me chuckle (and yes, Stupendo I wholeheartedly agree). He tell us the

story of his life with Tuesday and her ups and downs.

For anyone who has loved and treasured an animal friendship, one that goes

beyond the usual realms. If you know, you know. I was in bits (in a good way)

as it reminded me of the privileges I’ve had in my life and can honestly say my

life wouldn’t have been the same without my canine friends. I'm going to say

this book was stupendous (again if you know, you know! ) which the

dictionary describes as “ amazing. marvellous, awesome”. Those words

really don’t do it justice. I give 5** to a very few books each year- ones

which have moved me for one reason or another. This one I would give

10* to if I could. Thank you Chrissie, I’m a big believer (with evidence) that

every good dog comes home. There’s one right beside me now who learnt

a thing or two from my dogs in the past.

I’ll say no more- if you know you know. <3  

For more reviews please see my blog http://nickibookblog.blogspot.co.uk/

or follow me on Twitter@nickisbookblog

-------------------------







No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...