Saturday 25 February 2023

Gone

 


Gone by Ruby Speechley-psychological thriller

Shay, a sixteen year old boy, has gone missing having sneaked out to a party in the woods. His mother isn't too worried to begin with as he is becoming rather rebellious and stays over at friends quite frequently. When she can't get hold of him she starts to worry which is exacerbated when she finds out a girl has been attacked, unable to speak due to her head injuries at the same rave. Shays hoodie turns up when the police get involved and then a ransom which the family keep to themselves as they have been warned no police.

This was a page turner of a read and there were lots of suspects both people and actions. A partner who is new and rather secretive about past parts of his life - can he be trusted? When a son who is into the wrong sort of things and the parents don’t know- has he been led or bribed and why does he owe such an extortionate amount of money? This is a thrilling read and maybe even a cautionary tale, despite being fiction and how sometimes some may do almost anything for love. An interesting read.

For more reviews please follow me on Twitter@nickisbookblog

-------------------------------

Gone My son is missing, and everyone is lying to me. Last night my son, Shay, sneaked out of the house and didn’t come home. He promised not to go to the illegal party in the woods. But someone’s been attacked and Shay has gone missing. The police want to know if he saw what happened. I’m worried he could be involved. After all the trouble he’s been in lately, mixing with the wrong crowd, coming home beaten up and scared, I thought we’d put it all behind us. Trouble is, Shay resents me moving my new boyfriend into the family home. I found all sorts on his laptop, including a half-written email warning me not to trust David. What does he know that I don’t? I’m beginning to fear for his safety. What is David hiding from me? Who have I let into our lives? I don’t know who I can trust. Will I ever see my son alive again? Purchase Link - https://amzn.to/3XrDvG9


Author Bio – Ruby Speechley is a bestselling psychological thriller writer, whose titles include Someone Else’s Baby. Previously published by Hera, she has been a journalist and worked in PR and lives in Cheshire. Social Media Links – Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/people/Ruby-Speechley-Author/100063999185095/ Twitter: https://twitter.com/rubyspeechley Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rubyjtspeechley/ Bookbub profile: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/ruby-speechley


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Note

The Note- Andrew Barrett- 5* A short story written in the first person by CSI Eddie Collins. Eddie is the sort of bloke who calls a s...